Sunday 18 July 2010

Made her smile

Day 199 completed (I think it's day 199 anyway). Ran 5K this morning.

It felt like quite hard work. We were out last night but I was the designated driver so it certainly wasn't anything to do with drinking too much. Just one of those days. Still, there wouldn't be any highs without the lows to balance them.

I ran past a lady just coming down her path to the pavement who wasn't looking particularly happy, and I gave her a smile and a cheery "Good morning". She smiled back, which was fun.

It's a game I enjoy playing when running in the mornings.

I think that most people must be quite surprised when encountering a happy runner. They usually seem to be pleasantly surprised, and it always gives me a feeling of having brightened their day.

So good morning to you, whoever you are as you read this blog, even if it isn't now the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment