Saturday 29 May 2010

Traffic, elephants & a nearly milestone

Up early to do a supermarket shop this morning so the run got put back to lunchtime, which meant a very wet blowy jaunt round the local lanes of just over two and a half miles.

Showing my age here, but I was reminded of the 60's hit "Hole in My Shoe" by Traffic, which contains the line "all that I knew was the hole in my shoe that was letting in water". Very appropriate today as I can fit four fingers of my hand into the hole in the upper of my right Asics trainer.

There is also a line in the same verse of the song that goes "I looked in the sky where an elephant's eye was looking at me from a bubblegum tree." My, those drugs were strong in the 60's.

Tomorrow should be (barring the fickle finger of fate) my 150th consecutive day of running at least a mile every day. Feels like another milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment