Monday 31 May 2010

5 months, Greece & Glenn Miller

That's five months completed. Not bad as the original plan was to see if I could do one month running at least a mile every day.

It's a bit chilly this morning. I found myself thinking that I don't like this temperature, and then thought, "what a waste of energy to not like the temperature"!

It reminded me of an incident on a holiday about 15 years ago on a Greek island. We had rented mopeds and gone on a long ride exploring the island in shorts and tee-shirts. We were a good half an hour's ride from home when the clouds rolled in, the rain bucketed down and the wind picked up, and it settled there for the day.

I can still remember riding back on the winding coastal roads, chilled to the bone and making myself think, "it's beautifully warm, just soak up that warmth."

In my experience, no matter how hard I try I have never been able to change weather that I don't like. It is very frustrating to rail against any external factors in my life that I have no ability to change or even influence.

So this morning I let the temperature go and enjoyed the scenery that I run past most days. It really is rather lovely and I am lucky to live in such a beautiful spot.

Anyway, enough about that and back to listening to Lionel Richie, Duffy, Eva Cassidy and now Glenn Miller that have been playing on my iTunes while I've been typing this. Eclectic, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment