Wednesday 27 October 2010

Day 300 - the habit's ingrained

My 300th consecutive day of running at least a mile completed.

It feels fantastic. Although the days are drawing in and the temperature has been dropping, it's great to still be out there.

It's my daily dose of physicality and movement, which I have realised over the years are so important for me to be the best I can be.

I read an article earlier this week saying that it takes an average of 66 days of repeating a desired practice to turn it into a habit. I do seem to have created that habit.

Anyway, the question I asked myself on my run this morning was "What will make today a great day?" The answer I came up with was to honour my values of fun, adventure, connection, movement and expression.

I'm off to have a great day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment