Monday 1 November 2010

I'm not on my own!

I ran a two-miler this morning, as I enter my 11th month of my original one-month experiment, and an excellent 5K on both Saturday and Sunday.

Both of my weekend runs were great because I somehow managed to engage my creative part of my brain on both days.

One of the thoughts that I had was that although connection is one of my five key values, and I know that I really enjoy making a difference with others, I'm really not very good at asking others to help or make a difference to me.

This was actually quite a thunderbolt.

I do love the fact that I can learn something really fundamental about myself at any time.

This realisation was also a real eye opener when I came to look at my own life circumstances.

How many times have I gently explained to a client that being a success doesn't mean you have to do it all on your own, and that almost all successful people have a support team behind or beside them?

I wonder what difference that might make to my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment