Thursday 4 November 2010

Glorious opportunity - they have no shoes

I was feeling tired, as in not properly awake yet, when I started my run this morning, and thought that I'd probably cut my run back from the 2 miles I've done for the past few days.

However, I pushed away any negative thoughts and just concentrated on my physical feelings, my breathing and my surroundings.

Within minutes I was coming up with ideas for a possible taster workshop that I've been invited to propose for a local business forum, and I also wrote, in my head, my 60-second pitch for tomorrow morning's breakfast networking meeting.

As a result I was inspired to push on and run two and a half miles, then couldn't wait to get back and make a note of my new ideas.

One of the things I remembered was the story of the 2 marketing scouts sent to a region of Africa to study the prospects for expanding business. One sends back a telegram saying,

SITUATION HOPELESS STOP NO ONE WEARS SHOES

The other writes back triumphantly,

GLORIOUS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY STOP THEY HAVE NO SHOES

Amazing what a difference one's outlook can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment