Monday 27 June 2011

Enjoying the ride

I seem to have fallen out of the habit of writing my blog lately.

I'm still running though, and I completed my 543rd consecutive day of running at least a mile this morning.

My thoughts have been on both the fragility and also the miracle of life in the past twelve or so hours.

Last night I heard from my mum that one of her best, and oldest, friends passed away yesterday, and then on top of that I witnessed our adopted cat pounce on and proceed to devour a bird.

On the miracle side of things, I watched a recording of the last programme in the excellent BBC series "Inside The Human Body" last night.

Watching this series has made me more aware of what a mind-blowing miracle we all are.

Michael Mosley, the presenter who trained as a medical student, said last night that doctor's can't actually heal people, all they are able to do is facilitate the human body's natural ability to heal itself.

It seems to always come back to the principal that we all have everything within ourselves already to heal ourselves, be successful and thrive. All we need is the occasional support and encouragement to enable us to draw on those amazing resources that already within us.

And while we're about it, we should feel amazed and awed by this miraculous and fragile thing called life that we are riding right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment