Tuesday 28 June 2011

A leg up

After my musings in my last post on the incredible healing ability of our bodies, it's only fitting that my own body should tell me that it needs a bit of help and support for it to facilitate its own healing.

I finally had to admit that I may need to add an extra ingredient in addition to my daily run following a run with my club colleagues last night where I became more and more aware of having to almost drag my left leg around with me.

It was actually even worse this morning when I managed a glorious seventeen minutes to complete one mile. I even gave up on the extra "bit" and walked the last bit home.

I put it all down to an incident about a month ago when, having locked my house keys inside the house, I had to remove a very small window and climb through it. Whilst manoeuvring my way through said window, at one point I had all my weight on my weaker left leg (previous cartilage and ligament football injury), with my other leg still pointing up through the window.

It was at this point that my left leg gave way under me. I appeared to wrench it somewhat and it hasn't been quite the same since.

So I will continue with my mile a day "therapy" but I have decided to also obtain some expert assistance.

All may become clearer early next week. Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment