Tuesday 7 June 2011

Let it be

It's been a struggle this last week or so.

It's funny how the language you use can sometimes make it obvious why you're finding something hard.

It all started with wrenching my left knee when climbing into a very small window in the front of my house after I'd managed to lock my keys inside the house just over a week ago , and has now progressed to pulling my hamstring in the same leg yesterday.

So I've done a lot of very slow runs of a mile and a bit.

And I'm due to be going on a four-day extended running weekend with thirty other runners in three days time.

Anyway, back to me using the word struggle at the start of this post. It is quite accurate for me to describe that I've been finding it a struggle.

But what I managed to do on this morning's run was to make it OK that I was running very slow.

I managed to not fret about what might happen if my leg doesn't get any better or even gets worse.

The words of Paul McCartney came to me,

"When I find myself in times of trouble Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, Let it be".

I don't remember Mother Mary coming to me, but who knows, maybe she did.

And, as another song says, "Que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be".

Funnily enough, I'm not actually finding it a struggle any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment