Wednesday 6 May 2015

A new experiment

The last time I posted here was just before I had to hang up my running shoes for a few days. 

After struggling on for a week or two feeling pretty awful, when I finally decided to visit the doctor, she listened to my chest, and exclaimed, "That sounds like a bit of a mess."

So part reluctantly but also a little relieved, after 1,909 consecutive days of my daily mile I took a few days off to let myself recover.

I've said many times before that I've never come back from a run regretting that I'd gone, but in the last few days before I hung up my running shoes, something was different, and I was definitely sensing that I was doing the wrong thing by running.

So anyway after my few days off I'm right back on it again and this morning ran my 33rd consecutive run in my new running streak.

I have absolutely no regrets about stopping. The reason that I started my mile each day experiment was to create a sustainable running habit that could hopefully help me to keep running for years, avoiding the common runners' problem of overtraining and then getting injured and not being able to run for a while.

So I have a new experiment, which is really an extension of the previous one. I'm not abandoning or ignoring my successful 1,909 days, I'm just building on it.

Keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment