Thursday 19 August 2010

Choosing what is

I chose to run a little longer this morning, just over 4.75 miles, which was really nice.

While I was running I thought about how I have been frustrated over the past few days, since my holiday, that I seemed to have been freewheeling and not taking actions that reflected moving towards the objectives that I want to achieve.

Then the thought occurred to me that while I was being frustrated and trying to work out why it was, and what I could do about it, I was resisting the situation as it is. Another thought occurred, "what if it is OK that I have been freewheeling, and yet I still do want to achieve my objectives?"

As soon as I thought this I felt immediately lighter, which was why I actually decided to extend my run.

When I resist what is, I seem to only be able to concentrate on the situation that I don't want. When I choose it exactly the way it is, I am able to let it go and move on to what I choose next.

The funny bit is on the last road I ran on before I got home, I went past a van that announced "Choice Vehicle Rentals" on its side, so I knew I'd found the right topic for today's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment