Monday 16 August 2010

What if it isn't all about me?

Day 228 of running a mile each day today. I also calculated on this morning's run that this is my 20,223rd day alive. Not sure whether that's scary or not? I guess it is what it is.

I'm back into my local routes again now after our week in Cornwall, running round the spectacular Nare Head. I think I slightly overdid it as I was so excited by the amazing scenery and it was extremely tough terrain with some brutal climbs.

This is where I have to be careful of running every day without a day off. It seems to be important to scale back for a day or two after doing one or two tough runs. There was a point on holiday where I had an ache in my right leg for a couple of days in a similar place where I suffered a stress fracture a few years ago, which was a slight worry.

On my run yesterday I came up with a blog title of "It's not all about me". It came from thinking about a recent coaching session I conducted where I asked a couple of questions and when I didn't get answers that matched the format I expected, I tried the questions in a different way, rather than being curious about the answers I did receive and continuing from there.

So yay, I celebrate my failure to remain curious!

It is an interesting perspective or question though, "What if it isn't all about me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment