Friday 27 August 2010

Secret of sustainable energy

I didn't get home until 1.30 this morning after a total of 8 hours driving (there and back), in appalling weather and traffic conditions, to see my son's band, Burning Shapes, compete in a competition. Very satisfied though as they've won the right to support The Stranglers and Mumford & Sons in 3 weeks time in front of over 6,000 people.

Due to my commitments I still had to get up pretty early this morning, so it was quite surprising that after a reduced amount of sleep and some stressful driving yesterday, I posted my fastest mile and a bit I think I've run this year!

I put it down to the fact that I was still energised from last night's excitement, having accepted the adventure that was offered. This recent adventure discovery is really interesting and enlightening.

In a time when much of the talk, and concentration, is on our limited global resources and the challenge of sustainability, it's inspiring that the energy we generate by tapping in to our own values and taking steps to satisfy them is completely renewable and therefore endlessly sustainable!

No comments:

Post a Comment