Sunday 14 August 2011

Anything is possible

It was day 591 this morning, which is quite exciting.

600 consecutive days, which I should complete on 23rd August, all things going to plan, feels like quite a big milestone.

After my fairly downbeat post on Friday, this morning I had a really nice (slow obviously) run to pick up the car, which we left at a friend's house after having dinner there, and going slightly over the alcohol threshold whereby it was safe to drive.

Anyway, rather than go the most direct route I chose the more scenic one, down unmade roads, across the Tunbridge Wells Common and through a couple of small parks, which took me just over 2 miles (long distance for me these days).

Despite the slowness of my pace and the niggle in my knee, I felt terrific.

I remembered this morning why it is that I run, and how important it is to my life.

I just had the feeling while I was running that anything is possible. It's something that running gives me probably more than anything else.

I couldn't put a price on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment