Saturday 20 August 2011

Well done indeed

I was shuffling up a steep(ish) hill on my run this morning when I said hello to a man walking down the hill.

His response was "Well done".

Just those two words gave me a lift.

Isn't it amazing what a simple little thing like a smile, a word of encouragement or congratulations can make?

Anyway, it got me thinking that it is well done to get out there and run in the morning. There are so many people I come across who say "I must get out and run" or I really should exercise.

Each day I go out and run is an achievement. Although I don't want to break my "run" (which is currently at 597 days), there is always a reason why "I would rather not go now", "maybe later" or "what would it matter if I missed one day?".

So, if you've run today, even if you've never run before, well done to you. You have done something worthwhile and I, for one, congratulate you.

"Well done indeed!"

No comments:

Post a Comment