Wednesday 10 March 2010

Celebrate small achievements

Back to a mile and a bit a day. My right heel feels fine again and the run felt quite easy and smooth this morning.

I'm reading Rosie Swale-Pope's "Just a Little Run Around the World" at the moment. Apparently she woke up in her bivvy tent in Poland one morning with 5 foot of snow on top of her and the tent. She then had to burrow her way out. I can't believe how pragmatic some people can be in such extreme conditions, although I guess you don't have a lot of choice in those circumstances.

There are vague rumours that it might even warm up a few degrees in a few days time. I'll believe it when I feel it!

It's funny how the day numbers become meaningless now after nearly 70 days. The milestones are now in number of months or in hundreds of days.

In my coaching experience we take our small step achievements for granted and far too lightly and only notice when we fail. I have to remind myself that I'm still running my mile every day and have done so now consistently since 1st January.

I think Im going to celebrate and brew myself a large cafetiere of coffee and have a couple of biscuits. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment