Friday 12 March 2010

A mile or a marathon a day?

I watched the first of half of the documentary "Eddie Izzard: Marathon Man" on television last night.

Last summer Eddie ran 43 consecutive marathons around England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland, having never run before, on less than 6 weeks training.

It certainly put my 1 mile each day into perspective. The only thing is that I believe that what I'm doing adds to my daily life, whereas what Eddie Izzard did obviously took over his entire life and was his life, at least for the period of his adventure.

Still, it was very impressive and also inspiring.

I do seem drawn somehow to these acts of endurance that go beyond what we commonly believe can be done, Rosie Swale Pope's run around the world being another example.

For me it was a case of just another day, another mile (and a bit).

Oh, and was yesterday the best day of my life? Only time will tell, but setting the intention definitely made it more enjoyable, and who knows, maybe seeds were planted that will grow into something bigger than ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment