Wednesday 31 March 2010

Rabbit in the headlights

I don't think I'm the only one who gets this occasionally because some of my clients have described something similar, but I was awake last night at 3.00 am with "night terrors", feelings of hopelessness and inadequacy. I can only describe it as feeling like a rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming vehicle. It's really hard to get back to sleep when I get this.

I did finally get back to sleep but when I woke up this morning I used my two most trusted techniques for picking me up for the day. I spent a good twenty to thirty minutes with pen and notebook doing a complete brain dump of everything I was thinking and feeling in the night, what I was thinking and feeling then and how I was going to approach my day.

After my journalling I followed it up with running my mile with Nicky, followed by a couple of pacier miles on my own.

I now feel fired up, energised and inspired for the day ahead, even if it is still blowing and raining outside.

Oh, and that was day 90 by the way. 3 months completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment