Monday 22 March 2010

Running - a metaphor for life

Yet another gentle mile (and a bit) round the block. It was cool but I had the feeling that a beautiful day lay just over the horizon. Time will tell.

I finally finished reading Rosie Swale Pope's "Just a Little Run Around the World" this morning. I really recommend it, it is such an inspiring story. I didn't realise that she had to do the last 32 miles of the run on crutches because she had developed two stress fractures in her hip!

What did I say about grit and determination the other day!

A quote from the book: "My run became much bigger than me; it became a metaphor for life. It made me see that everything in life is an adventure and a miracle, whether it's running across a glacier or boiling water to make a cup of tea."

I agree with Rosie. I have often seen my running as a great metaphor for life. And the gratitude I feel when I do run, that I can, that I am physically able to do it and that I appreciate it, does make me feel very lucky indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment