Wednesday 16 June 2010

Running for cats

In the past I have been known to do my early morning 1.3 miles and then run on to the nearest Sainsbury's Local to buy essentials for breakfast.

This morning I ran that very same route, but not for my, or my family's, breakfast. No, this morning the little white cat that has somehow adopted our house as its principal place of residence had run out of cat food, which we finally succumbed to buying for it a month or so ago, after resisting for even longer.

I have to admit that it is the first time I have run to buy cat food for a cat that I don't actually own, but who's to say it will be the last.

I've worked out that I will probably have to do my run at 4.45 a.m. tomorrow morning to stand any chance of fitting it in. That will be a nice challenge. At least it's not winter and it should even be light bv then.

1 comment: