Thursday 23 September 2010

Some days it's a struggle

Having said before that my daily run had become almost 2nd nature, I've been finding it a real struggle over the past week or so firstly to get myself out the door in the morning and then to actually get into the run.

I've never come back and felt worse for having run or regretted going, but unusually it has almost been a neutral feeling on what it has added recently.

Still, the good thing is that after 266 consecutive days of running it would be a big decision to decide not to go because I don't feel like it.

I was thinking though this morning that it goes against all recommendations to run every single day without a day off, and yet here I am still running in old running shoes with split uppers and no inner soles, injury free right now. I hope I'm not tempting fate by saying this.

2 comments:

  1. hey man keep it up.. i'm closing in on 500 days in a row and i can tell you there are days where you just absolutely do not feel like going. Its human nature to go through ups and downs and motivated and not motivated. Sometimes it can last for a couple weeks but then it is usually followed up with a couple of weeks of just feeling incredible and like you are ready to rule the world. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Murdock. I really appreciate it. Wow, 500 days, good on you. And you're absolutely right, everything goes in cycles of ups and downs. Good luck in your adventure!

    ReplyDelete