Tuesday 7 September 2010

St. Paul's Cathedral

My minimum mile and a bit this morning.

A nice sunny morning, although very wet under foot after a cloudburst overnight.

I'm glad the sun's out as my Mum's heading up to St Paul's Cathedral this morning as she has been invited to attend a service to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

It's interesting all the attention she has received lately since the story became known that she was one of the Bletchley Park codebreakers during the Second World War. As my Dad was a spitfire pilot, the pair of them would have been soaking up the attention if he had still been alive.

This morning my youngest daughter asked to take a copy of an article on my Mum that was in the paper to school for her history lesson. How the past and future entwine.

How appropriate then to quote one of my favourite of Winston Churchill's sayings, "This is no time for ease and comfort. It is time to dare and endure."

1 comment:

  1. Wow- your Dad flew the greatest plane ever invented!!

    We owe so much to both of your parents!! I hope your Mum enjoyed the celebration!

    Thanks for sharing your blog- always an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete