Thursday 30 September 2010

Who's doing my thinking?

I ran all of 2 miles this morning. I've been doing my basic 'mile and a third' so much recently that even the extra kilometre felt quite different.

I had so much chatter going on in my head this morning. No, I'm not losing it - I'm talking about that little voice we all have in our heads.

If you're now going, "What little voice?" That's the one I'm talking about.

Anyway, it was great to push that internal chatter off centre stage and concentrate on my breathing and my internal physical feelings. Such a relief.

Running is the best way that I have found to calm my mind and to regain some clarity of direction, of purpose, of vision, and of what really needs to be done next.

I thought how interesting it is that sometimes I can't seem to be able to choose my own thoughts. So if I'm not choosing them, then who is?

Now that's even more interesting.

And what is the purpose behind the chatter?

My best guess is that it's my subconscious mind telling me that I need to step back, that maybe things aren't working perfectly as they are right now. It's also an opportunity for me to refocus on, or even recalibrate, what perfectly looks like.

Once again, running is the best way I know to achieve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment