Thursday 3 March 2011

Follow your truth

After running nine miles last night with the Harriers, it was another very gentle mile and a bit for me this morning.

Twenty-eight miles in five days is something I haven't done for quite a while.

I do think my early morning mile works well just to get the legs warmed up and the blood pumping through, even when I do long runs the day before. No days off for recovery for me.

Although every piece of advice I read, particularly for someone in their 50's, states that it's critical to rest, my easier miles are my way of resting.

I do think that it just goes to show that there is no one size, or one solution, that fits all. We each have to find what works for us, and I'm not just talking about running.

I frequently hear the phrase, "Be true to yourself". I believe that one of the most important things we are all here to learn is what is true for us and what isn't.

Then it's about having the courage to follow your truth.

Right now, my mile-a-day seems to be true for me, and I hope it continues to be so for as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment