Monday 28 March 2011

Wide-eyed discovery

Now the clocks have sprung forward, I have enjoyed two early'ish morning runs, although I haven't had to revert to the old head torch again, yet.

Yesterday, I went out for a quite pacey (for me) five-miler, which was fantastic.

I saw my four-month-old granddaughter on Saturday for the first time in about five weeks. My, how they change so quickly when they're that little!

What really struck me was how wide-eyed and attentive, although often very briefly, babies are at that age.

Compare that with how narrowly us adults usually look at things, judging, interpreting, writing off or thinking we already know.

How refreshing it would be if we all looked with such wide-eyed and attentive eyes, ears and feelings, suspending our judgements, interpretations, and our thinking that we already know.

We might well discover something new...

No comments:

Post a Comment