Thursday 10 March 2011

The shining eyes game

It's day two of working in a coffee shop and I'm still loving it.

I wonder how much office space costs? A day's broadband connection and a supply of coffees, muffins and paninis seems pretty reasonable to me.

After saying yesterday that I'd only run two miles or less in the past week, last night I ran just over seven miles with the local Harriers, on top of the mile-and-a-third in the morning. And then this morning another mile-and-a-third.

I enjoyed last night's run, especially as I set the route for the first time in my irregular attendance at the club over the past (almost) eight years.

I read a blog yesterday that talked about a lady who has a contest with her granddaughter whenever they go out to see who can make the most people smile.

I rather liked this because I'm always drawn to people with big open smiles, and it reminded me of Benjamin Zander and his "shining eyes".

Benjamin's theory is that you can always tell if you're inspiring people by whether their eyes are shining. If their eye aren't shining, the question to ask is "Who am I being that their eyes are not shining?"

I feel the idea of a new game forming, how many people's eyes can I make shine today?

No comments:

Post a Comment