Wednesday 7 December 2011

Actions, goals & purpose

I read a daily coaching tip I liked from Michael Neill yesterday, which I was thinking about on my run this morning.

In his tip, Michael talked about the three key components to living a life of purpose, which are the goals you set, the actions you take and having an awareness of the higher purpose behind everything you do.

An example he then gives , using his to do list, is to look at the goal behind filing his tax receipts.

His goal behind the task is to be completely up-to-date with his tax for the year.

He then looks at the purpose behind being on top of his tax, and that is to be financially independent within the next five years.

I like Michael's approach, and certainly think it can put some oomph behind what seems like a quite mundane task of filing his receipts.

I think I might try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment