Sunday 4 December 2011

If anyone can, I can

I completed my longest run in 6 months this morning, most of it in the glorious Knole Park in Sevenoaks.

During my run, I remembered a text I received from an ex client, probably about 6 months ago now.

In his text he was telling me about something absolutely amazing that he had just achieved, and he reminded me of something I had said to him, which he credited with his having succeeded.

I said to him, "If anyone can do it, you can!"

It's funny, isn't it, how it can take someone else's belief in you, to make you start believing it yourself.

I also realised that I've said it to others, and I've absolutely believed it (otherwise it comes out as insincere), but I'm not so good at saying it to myself.

So my new motto for the coming week is

"If anyone can do it, I can!"

No comments:

Post a Comment