Saturday 3 December 2011

Reliving the moment

I had a great day yesterday.

After my early run, I had a thoroughly enjoyable, fun time connecting with friends at my regular monthly business networking group.

Later, I spent an inspiring, engaging and exciting time with David Hemery and a group of local primary school headteachers, connecting with old friends and one or two new acquaintances, and telling them about the Be the Best You Can Be! programme.

I also received 2 tweets with mentions for me, one saying "you ARE an inspiration", and the other referring to me as "The rather marvelous @TonyCoach".

Finally, to top it all, my new iPhone 4 arrived in the post.

But of all the great things that yesterday brought me, the one that had the least impact was the arrival of the iPhone.

It just goes to show that anything to do with connecting with people is always the most powerful of all possible experiences for me.

One of the reasons I'm recording all this in my blog is to have something I can refer back to.

Memories of strong positive experiences, especially those where you can recollect what you saw, what you heard and what you felt, are just fantastic for when you are feeling below par.

Going back and reliving those experience with all your main senses, helps you reconnect to the positive feelings you had before.

Exactly what you need to pick you up and get going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment