Friday 31 December 2010

Choose possibility

A complete year.

I did run on New Year's Eve last year but I've never really counted that. But whichever way you look at it, I have now run at least a mile on every single day of 2010. A cause for celebration I feel.

So, how have I celebrated it so far?

I ran just over 5 miles this morning, which is the furthest I have run since I don't know when. And it was absolutely fantastic.

My thought on this morning's run was that I always have a choice. I can choose possibility or I can choose being right at someone else's expense.

If you add up how many times I choose possibility over being right, I am still somewhat lacking in the good column, but it is always a choice.

I also think that if I make an effort to consciously choose possibility at the beginning of a conversation, a meeting, a day, a month or even a year, then I have more of a chance of success. Not guaranteed, but better odds.

So, for 2011 I choose possibility.

I'm intrigued to know how I do in choosing it and what difference it makes to my life.

Bye 2010. It was nice knowing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment