Wednesday 1 December 2010

Fun in the snow

Even more snow than yesterday this morning, a good 5 or 6 cm (2 inches I'd guess), which made it even better to run on. When the snow is reasonably thick and quite new I can be pretty confident it won't be icy, and I can run properly rather than tiptoeing along.

I'm still running in shorts, which is not a problem as my legs are plenty warm enough from being constantly in motion (that's a surprise, isn't it). However it's quite cold when my back foot flicks snow up my calf, but it's still fun.

I cut across the local golf course this morning, which was beautiful. The other advantage of the snow is that although I went out a good 45 minutes before sunrise, the white ground and trees illuminated everything beautifully.

Oh yes, almost forgot, today is the first day of my twelfth month of a mile each day.

Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment