Tuesday 27 September 2011

Christmas webs

It was like Christmas on my run this morning. It was foggy, and the damp in the fog coated hundreds of spiders' webs with glistening drops on trees, hedges and fences. It really was spectacular!

I can still see a load of glistening webs on the holly tree in my back garden as I sit here writing this.

It's funny how spiders seem to be so feared by so many people.

I have always found them quite fascinating, and the most fascinating thing about them is how they go about spinning their remarkable webs.

They are a lesson to us in strength of purpose, determination and persistence.

If you have ever watched one spinning a web, it is fascinating and, I think, quite beautiful.

And if you have ever pulled a web down one morning, don't be surprised if it's back again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment