Sunday 4 September 2011

More than one answer?

It occurred to me on my run this morning that I have more thoughts, ideas and "stuff" that I feel inspired to record in my blog on my weekend runs than on my weekday ones.

Is it because I generally go out a bit later on my weekend runs (this morning it was almost 10 o'clock)?

Is it because I often go a little bit further? (Although today, for example, it was only just over two miles.)

Is it because I tend to vary the route slightly more on a weekend run?

I don't really know the answer, but then I don't think that it's necessarily that important to have the answer.

The most important part, I believe, is to have the initial spark of awareness, and then to feed it by being curious enough to leave the question open.

After all, once you think you have an answer, in my experience it becomes "the answer", and you lose the openness to realise that there might actually be more than one answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment