Wednesday 28 September 2011

Your 90-year-old self

I've just come back from my run. A head torch morning due to the early hour, although quite warm already.

On my run I was thinking about what I'm going to say in my 40-second slot at my networking breakfast I'm off to shortly.

Then it came to me. The story that my friend Rob told me yesterday.

He was with a client in a coffee shop who had just taken on a big scary challenge and was stuck, not sure of what to do.

Rob pointed to a man in his 90's at a table across the room and said,

"That's your 90-year-old self there in the last moments of his life. What does he want to say to you?"

Apparently that one question has changed that client. He is a different person, fired up, inspired and achieving extraordinary things.

I now know what I'm going to say at my networking breakfast.

Thanks Rob. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment