Monday 26 September 2011

Namaste

I was thinking on my run about how important it is to me to really feel a connection with other people, and I was reminded of the Hindu and Buddhist (I think) greeting of "Namaste".

Namaste literally means "I bow to you", but also has a deeper meaning of something like "the higher self in me bows to the higher self in you".

It also reminded me of the old Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young song line, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."

I used to assume that was something to do with the free love philosophy of the 60's, but now I see it much more as really connecting with someone else and seeing them for the best that they can be, rather than from the perspective of what annoys you about them.

So, my intention is to hold a Namaste for everyone I come into contact with today.

Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment