Saturday 17 September 2011

Freshen it up

Another blog post on a weekend run.

Wet, but really enjoyable this morning. I was surprised how many people were out on the golf course in less than ideal conditions.

My thoughts on my 2-miler this morning drifted to how I need to freshen things up every once in a while.

Even when something is working really well for me, if I just keep doing it and forget to check in every now and again, it becomes a bit "ho hum", and the same old same old.

So, on my run I came up with the idea of keeping a freshness gauge of between 1 (distinctly stale and past its "use by" date) and 10 (just picked and bursting with flavour).

I realise that this is quite a topical post, as the UK government have just decided to get rid of "sell by" dates, as manufacturers have been using them to get people to throw away perfectly good food and buy more of their products.

But "use by" dates, which stop people consuming produce that could negatively affect their health, will still be very much in evidence.

My freshness gauge can apply to my runs, my relationships (family, friends, clients and colleagues), my writing, in fact almost any aspect of my life.

What about you?

What in your life is slipping down the freshness gauge and nearing its "use by" date?

What could you do to freshen it up?

What will you do to freshen it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment