Sunday 14 June 2015

Increased awareness

A quick update on my barefoot experiment

Last weekend I tried out my first mile run in my Vibrams, and yesterday I did a two miler in them.

I'm well aware of all the warnings that have been given about running in them, particularly when moving from traditional running shoes to them, including reading about people who'd had stress fractures from running in them. But I can't resist an experiment.

I'm still running in my normal Brooks Pure Flows most of the time, but I have to say that I do enjoy the increased awareness of my feet striking the ground that the barefoot experience gives me.

Anything that increases my ability to be in the present moment, even though running is pretty good at that anyway, is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment