Monday 8 June 2015

Our own worlds

I'm grateful to Amy Lomax who read my column in June's Running Fitness magazine and has taken it to heart, in her post 100 Days of Running Day 37 - Smiles!

I have been doing my smile each day as well as my mile each day for quite a while now but I haven't really given it much thought apart from just doing it.

Amy's post has made me think that it might be an interesting experiment to keep a loose track on the results I notice from smiling at people and saying "Good Morning", "Good Afternoon" or "Good Evening", whether or not I'm running. After all, it's not that often I see anyone on my 5.30 a.m. runs.

So on my run this morning I did see a lady who I sometimes see walking her 2 collies and got a cheery "Good Morning" and a big smile back.

I also got returned smiles from all but one person I greeted, in town, and on the way there and back. 

You can never know what's going on in someone else's world.

I wish the lady caught up in her own world a great day as well as all the others. You never know, another time she just might return my greeting, or not.

Smile on!


No comments:

Post a Comment