Sunday 7 June 2015

The gap between dreaming and doing

I've been lucky enough to experience several "wow" moments in the past 24 hours. 

There were two or three on my preparation run for the South Downs Relay, which is in 13 days time, this morning. It was an absolutely stunning morning and reminded me of how much I love running in the summer.

Running along country roads bordered by tall hedges which suddenly disappeared to reveal breathtaking views. It doesn't get much better than this.

Yesterday I attended the first TEDx event inTunbridge Wells. I absolutely loved it, and saw, heard and met some incredible people. What makes them incredible is that they are ordinary people doing things that most of us only dream of doing.

The gap between dreaming and doing is very small in terms of what it takes to move from one to the other, and yet appears abyss-like and impossible to cross for most of us.

Find, talk to and mix with people who are doing it and suddenly it seems very possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment