Monday 16 March 2015

A smile each day

I typed a smile each day by accident one day when writing about my daily mile, but when I noticed what I'd done I decided that perhaps my fingers had some wisdom of their own that my brain hadn't thought of before.

What difference do you think it would make if you were to smile at people each day for no other reason than just because you chose to?

When I remember to, I try to do this, when I manage to get out of my own head and stop thinking about my day, my challenges, my problems, and put my focus on the person I'm coming into contact with.

I did this on Saturday morning in a take away coffee shop on my way to a train the trainer workshop, and was amazed when the barista told me that my cappuccino was on the house.

When I asked him why, he said it was because I was so smiley, as he smiled back at me.

I can't tell you what a lift it gave me, and is obviously still giving me, all for the price of a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment