Sunday 15 March 2015

Touching my life

I found out yesterday that a friend and colleague of mine who I worked with two years ago, who is probably about fifteen years younger than me, is in the last few days of his life.

While thinking about him, and his loved ones, it's also made me think of my own mortality and that of my own loved ones.

It's also reminded me of the Top Five Regrets of the Dying, and helped me gauge how I'm measuring up against them. In case you haven't come across it, these are the top five:

  1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
  2. I wish I didn't work so hard.
  3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
  4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
  5. I wish I'd let myself be happier.
My thoughts are with you and your loved ones at this time G. 

Thank you for touching my life, however briefly, and for making my life richer just from knowing and working with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment