Monday 7 February 2011

Blasting my way

After my 13.1 miles yesterday I was expecting to be quite sore and stiff this morning. However, as I'm now reading "Spark!", I thought if my body was up to it, I might try a quarter of a mile warm up, blast a mile pretty much as fast as I could, followed by a quarter mile warm down.

The result: very little stiffness and I feel more energised and supercharged than I do on most other mornings after my run.

I'm really pleased.

That's not to say that I'm going to do this every morning. It was just an experiment, and I like my experiments.

The lack of stiffness could also be down to the fact that I did some stretching after my long run yesterday. Post-run stretching is something that I know is a good thing to do, but I'm afraid I'm not usually that disciplined about.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the day and to see how it unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment