Thursday 17 February 2011

Discovering the obvious

I've just completed my last one and a half miles in Brough, or South Cave to be precise, as I'll be heading home this evening.

I managed to find three different routes although they were all out and back rather than circuits, which I generally prefer.

It occurred to me while I was on my way back to the hotel this morning, that I asked several people if there were circuits to run and if there was a map of the local roads when I first arrived here three days ago, but it never occurred to me to look on Google maps.

It's quite funny when the completely obvious hits you several days after it would have been really useful.

The trick now is to be really pleased that I can use that information to my advantage next time I'm here, or on my trip to Manchester next week, rather than dwell on how hopeless I am for not thinking of something so obvious in the first place.

I do feel really pleased and happy.

Is that because I'm an eternal optimist?

Is it because I'm an idealist and lack realism?

I don't know for sure, but I am pretty sure that one of the reasons is because I start my day with a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment