Sunday 13 February 2011

Can running heal?

My knee felt slightly better this morning but certainly not up to fifteen miles, so I decided to plump for two.

I have two running goals at the moment. The first is to continue running at least a mile each day up until, and beyond, the half marathon.

My second goal is to pace the half marathon two weeks today and finish it comfortably in just under two hours and twenty minutes.

I started this morning's run limping again, although it felt slightly easier than yesterday. I ran my first mile in 12 minutes and 46 seconds, which I also thought was a slight improvement.

But here's why I'm now really excited. I clocked the end of mile two at 22:02, which meant that I ran my second mile at 9:16 pace.

This begs the question, can running a mile each day, very very gently when it's called for, actually help healing?

It's certainly lifted my spirits, and I believe that thoughts determine reality, so watch this space for my personal experience of it.

The overall question is probably best answered by someone with far more medical knowledge than I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment