Friday 20 February 2015

Beware of side effects

I picked up my pacer T-shirt for Sunday's Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon last night, loving the colour and looking forward to the race. 

Then I ran a really soggy three and a half miles in the pouring rain with a group of beginner & intermediate runners.

Chatting with one of my fellow runners, she was telling me how running is helping her to deal with the stress and trauma of recent bereavements.

My prescription for most cases of stress - one dose of running to be taken daily. Beware of side effects:

  • may introduce you to people with an adventurous spirit
  • can give you new ideas even if you weren't looking for them
  • can be confusing - you have no energy, you use what energy you have left and you end up with more energy than you started with
  • will very likely change your attitude and mood
  • can become addictive

No comments:

Post a Comment