Wednesday 11 February 2015

The bird's gift

When I left the house on my run this morning a little bird was singing its heart out as I set off down the road. 

I couldn't see it because it was dark, and who knows there may have been more than one bird, but it seemed that the bird was following me singing. It stayed with me for a few minutes, then I lost it, but it was there again when I completed my loop, following me once again.

I don't remember that happening before in over 5 years of my morning mile.

I was so delighted by this little bird's song following me that I couldn't help but smile. In fact at one point I laughed just because it felt so joyful.

What would it be like if I gave a huge grin and an enthusiastic greeting to every person I met today?

It feels like it would be the equivalent of what the little bird gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment