Thursday 19 February 2015

Shaking up your schedule

It's been a real treat this week. I've run in daylight for six days in a row as the other people in the house are currently either students or staff at school and it's half term, so I've adjusted my schedule appropriately.

While I do enjoy running in the dark, I also really like running in the light, particularly when we're still in winter. I don't have to concentrate so hard to anticipate, or spot, icy patches, pot holes or hidden puddles.

Next week I'll be back to regular running in the dark but I also know that the hours of light are gradually expanding and it won't be long until all my runs will be daylight runs.

It's always good to be able to shake up your schedule a little to keep it fresh, especially when it's a firmly embedded habit that isn't threatened by the change.

What could you shake up and freshen up today?

No comments:

Post a Comment