Friday 6 February 2015

It's all in the mind

The most interesting thing I've experienced in the last 24 hours was running with a group of 3 other people and chatting with each one on a nice gentle four and a half mile route yesterday evening.

The thing that fascinated me most was talking to one of my fellow runners about how running had literally turned their life around in the space of less than two months.

While they'd dabbled in running before, they've joined a group, made some really good new friends, some of whom they run with on a regular basis, and are now fully committed to running. 

They are loving it and reaping benefits in weight loss, improved mental attitude and increased happiness after going through a particularly tough time over the past couple of years.

Running is not the only thing that can change lives, improve your mental state and help you to meet energetic, fun like-minded people, but it's certainly one of the best ways that I've come across.

I don't think it's a coincidence that I'm fascinated with the effect our state of mind has on our life and that I'm a runner.

After all every morning I give my state of mind a huge boost with my morning mile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment