Monday 23 February 2015

Give a little, gain a lot

Looking back on being a pacer in yesterday's Tunbridge Wells Half Marathon, I'm surprised at how little you actually have to do to make a difference to other people.

These are the things I noticed yesterday that you need to do to make a difference to others:

  • Notice them
  • Show an interest in them
  • Tell them how well you think they're doing
  • Keep an eye out for them
  • Encourage them
  • Tell them you believe they can do it
It takes surprisingly little effort and offers huge benefits that are way out of proportion to the effort you put in.

And here's the best part, you get probably as much out of it as they do.

You'd be amazed at how many heart felt thanks I received yesterday, and people telling me how awesome I am. I feel like a fraud, after all what did I really do?

If I ever forget why I love being a pacer in a race, I must scroll back and read this post.

If it's that simple in a race, I think it's probably not much different in other areas of life either.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment