Sunday 23 January 2011

Achy legs part 2

My legs are aching once again because I've pushed the boundaries by running just over eleven miles this morning.

Even though my batteries died in my Garmin GPS device, I was doing an out and back course, so I know the distance because I'd run 5.6 miles when I turned round and headed for home.

Anyway, my legs feel very much like they did last Sunday when I ran 8.75 miles. However, I feel much better about it because I still have five weeks to go to the half marathon and only two miles to add to my distance.

I really do live in a lovely part of the country. I was noticing the fields, trees, sheep and wildlife along the route and thinking how lucky I am.

At one point a farmer drove past me in his tractor and I thought at first that he was singing, until I noticed half a dozen sheep in his trailer and realised it was them. They weren't actually singing I hasten to add, but maybe my ability to identify sounds is affected by tired legs and general knackerdness.

This afternoon we're having a family celebration for my youngest's 14th birthday, which should be fun with 4 generations of the family present.

No comments:

Post a Comment